Noridian Healthcare Solutions awarded CMS Unified Program Integrity Contract (UPIC) IDIQ
FARGO, N.D. – (July 12, 2016) Noridian Healthcare Solutions (Noridian) has been awarded an Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Unified Program Integrity Contract (UPIC) by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) after a full-and-open competitive procurement. Under this award, Noridian is one of seven contractors who will bid on future task orders to participate in the CMS’ initiative to consolidate fraud, waste and abuse programs.
Noridian President Tom McGraw said, “Noridian is honored to have this opportunity to increase our role working with the Center for Program Integrity on this very important initiative. We look forward to delivering the highest quality service to the Medicare and Medicaid programs.”
This 10-year award is part of CMS’ new $2.5 billion dollar initiative to combine and integrate existing CMS program integrity functions carried out by multiple contractors and contracts under the UPIC program. The program integrates audit, oversight and antifraud, waste and abuse activities for all government healthcare programs. This change improves CMS’ capacity to swiftly anticipate and adapt to the ever changing and dynamic nature of those involved in health care fraud, waste, and abuse across the Medicare and Medicaid program integrity continuum.
“Noridian is excited to have been selected by CMS on this important initiative to detect, prevent, and proactively deter fraud, waste, and abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs,” said Albert Barclay, Noridian director of solutions delivery. “Over the course of this 10-year contract, we look forward to working closely with the Centers for Program Integrity, state agencies and our partners to deliver proactive, innovative, and cost-effective services to help safeguard program dollars.”
Beginning with a single Medicare contract in 1966 serving Medicare beneficiaries only in North Dakota, today Noridian serves 12.4 million beneficiaries and 300,000 health care providers nationally. Noridian holds five Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) contracts including the Part A/Part B contracts for Jurisdictions E and F, the Durable Medical Equipment (DME) contracts for Jurisdictions A and D and the national Pricing, Data Analysis and Coding contract. In addition, Noridian supports claims processing for the Iowa Medicaid Program. The company currently employs more than 1,700 individuals across the United States.
2015 News Releases
- Thomas Heffernan promoted to manager at Jamestown Noridian Healthcare Solutions
- Noridian Healthcare Solutions re-awarded CMS DME Jurisdiction D contract
- Noridian Healthcare Solutions awarded CMS DME Jurisdiction A contract
- Theresa Stahl has been promoted to director of Finance at Noridian Healthcare Solutions
- Todd Knain has been promoted to director of Planning at Noridian Healthcare Solutions
2014 News Releases
- Jeff Iwen promoted to director in Provider Audit for Jurisdiction F at Noridian Healthcare Solutions
- Pam Gordon has been promoted to the vice president of the Provider Call Center at Noridian Healthcare Solutions (Noridian) in Fargo, N.D.
- Becky Gunderson promoted to director of Parts A & B Medical Review for Jurisdiction E and Jurisdiction F at Noridian Healthcare Solutions
- Noridian Healthcare Solutions achieves ISO 9001:2008 Certification
2013 News Releases
- Noridian Administrative Services is now Noridian Healthcare Solutions
- Tom McGraw has joined Noridian as President and CEO
- Paul O'Donnell promoted to SVP of Medicare Operations–Jurisdiction E
- Emy Stenerson promoted to SVP of Medicare Operations–Jurisdiction F
- Sandra Skallerud promoted to vice president of Medicare Operations-Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
- Karla Isley promoted to VP of Contract Administration
- Kevin Erickson promoted to SVP of Medicaid and State Operations
- Noridian doubles its federal business volume with new contract